Tuesday, March 29, 2011

La Bella Vita

Lately, I have had several stateside American friends tell me how lucky I am to be living in Italy. La Bella Vita! For some reason Italy IS so romanticized in the eyes of Americans. Perhaps it's the history, culture, food/wine, and slower pace of life that gives the illusion that life is simply better in "The Boot".


The harsh reality I don't always mention to these gracious friends is that life in Italy (especially Naples) is often complicated and tough. Sure, I am an American adjusting to a new way of life, but even most Neapolitans will tell you that life can be hard in this city. While I have grown to love this area in more ways than I can imagine, there are also days I get fed up with the garbage, crime, and downright pushy behavior of Italians. I will never understand why people can't form a line! 

When a friend of mine recently showed me the following video I doubled over with laughter. This animated video pretty much sums up most of my frustrations in 5 minutes. Laughter is the best medicine!



At the end of the day I do realize that we are blessed in many ways. The breath-taking vistas, picturesque sunsets, and a glass (half full) of red wine make me realize that it is all worth it!

1 comment:

 
Blog designed by Zip.Zog.Zoom.