Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest flyers peppered JFC (the NATO base) when we first arrived here in Naples. Our interest was piqued not only by the colorful flyers showing people in traditional German costumes drinking beer, but also by a bouncy house! It just doesn't get much better than that for our little family of 3.

A few days later Chief happily reported to me that he bought our tickets and beer steins in advance. He explained that Oktoberfest is considered a work event after all. Since he works in an office with people from a multitude of nations, it was our duty to show up to Oktoberfest.

I was disappointed that it started raining a couple of hours before we were scheduled to arrive at Oktoberfest. Chief assured me that there were tents we could find shelter under, but I was more concerned about the affect the rain would have on the bouncy house. Spoken like a true mother, huh?

In the end everything worked out: the rain stopped, the food was great (coming from a former vegetarian), the beer was excellent, and most importantly the company was amazing! Good food, good beer, good times. What more can you ask for?

Chief had the mega stein. I'm pretty sure it weighed more than AC when full!
My stein was more appropriately sized (for me at least)!
AC loved the pretzels.

Ciao, for now!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was a good time from the pics, I really like the first one of the Chief and AC because of AC's smile.

    Philip

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog designed by Zip.Zog.Zoom.